2013 – "1st European Passion Academy"
Between the 2nd and the 10th of May CULTURE GOES EUROPE- Soziokulturelle Initiative Erfurt e.V. (CGE Erfurt e.V.) in cooperation with “Plattform Generation Europa” (Austria), CSSD (Serbia) and the newly established “European Youth Meeting and Education Center Sajan” (Serbia) conducted following project: „1st European Passion Academy – Reaching your potential with finding your passion: Empowerment through Training in Key Competences”. Participants were more than 40 volunteers and representatives of NGOs from 18 countries.
“You are facing an operation. The chance that you will survive is 50%. The last thing you are thinking about that makes you strong and believe in life – that is PASSION” (Marina, Netherlands).
“Passion is for a person like oil for a car.” (Yavuz, Turkey)
To help young people, you are working with, you need to know firtstly what your own competences are and what you love to do in your life. That is why this Trainings Course was aimed to strengthen the personal development and qualification of Youth Workes and volunteers, supporting them in exploring and unblocking their competences and creativity, with a specific focus on their emotional competences in order to improve their work for and with young people.
Passion. In an intercultural discussion we got to know that passion has differents meanings in the other countries. After clarifying the meaning of passion, we tried to find our passion by distinguishing between passion and interest and getting to know each other’s passions. Afterwards, we faced obstacles we and consequently as well young people are confronted with when trying to find and live our and their passion. In a next step we learnd more about competences a youth worker should have. For example there is the Learning model of educators, that shows that it is the Youth worker’s task to take the learner out of his or her comford zone and after the learning process, bring him back again. Before starting to plan our own projects in which the topic of Passion will be worked on, we thought about Conditions for a Passion Engagement, embracing Space, Safety, Opportunities, Means and Support.
The First European Passion Academy has been an intensive search in ourselfs and an interesting exchange of ideas, experience and impressions.
LIVE YOUR PASSION!
Following NGOs were involved in this Trainings Course:
- Tamam Albania (Albania)
- Environmental Center for Protection, Education and Rehabilitation (Albania)
- Youth Cooperation Center of Dilijan NGO (Armenia)
- Armenian Progressive Youth (Armenia)
- Azerbaijan Students' Union (Azerbaijan)
- Plattform Generation Europa (Austria)
- Association Migration Solidarité et Echanges pour le Développement (France)
- Robert Schuman Foundation – Georgia (Georgia)
- Youth Association DRONI (Georgia)
- CGE Erfurt e.V. (Germany)
- YouthNet Hellas (Greece)
- Compass Európai Ifjúsági Közösségért Egyesület (Hungary)
- ASSOCIAZIONE AGAPE' ONLUS (Italy)
- Associazione Agenzia per la Promozione dei Giovani (Italy)
- Baltic Regional fund (Latvia)
- Association of Panevezys women's employment and information center (Lithuania)
- Rokiškio jaunimo organizacijų sąjunga "Apvalus stalas" (Lithuania)
- Volunteers Centre Skopje (Macedonia)
- Roma Youth Centre (Macedonia)
- NGO Juventas (Montenegro)
- SVETIONIK (Montenegro)
- Platform Spartak (Netherlands)
- Stowarzyszenie Centrum Wolontariatu (Poland)
- Stowaryszenie na Rzecz Rozwoju Gminy Żychlin (Poland)
- RAISE IT NOW – ASSOCIAÇÃO (Portugal)
- "Support for Youth Development" Association (Romania)
- Asociata pentru Tineret SAKURA (Romania)
- Center for Interethnic Cooperation (Russia)
- Ufa Falcon (Russia)
- Center for Support of Women (Serbia)
- Granaforma, S.L. (Spain)
- Youth Art Research and Training Association (Turkey)
- All-Ukrainian Association for Youth Cooperation "Alternative-V (Ukraine)
- Ukrainian Youth Centre (Ukraine)
Impressions from a participant from Spain …
… and a movie about the project
The project is funded by the Youth in Action programme of the European Union